to infuse... to encourage... to invigorate...

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Life as a Modern Dancer | Christal N. Brown

photo credit: Kimara Dixon

"I believe the success of my career is based on the sheer action of saying Yes to God's continual instructions along a winding path of discovery. Because my first goal was to be a dance teacher, the performance world was totally foreign to me. Therefore, I never turned down any opportunity to dance regardless of the pay, the genre, or the venue. As long as my integrity was not compromised I committed myself to fully investing the talent God gave me to further my understanding of the field of dance. Saying 'yes' positioned me into a lot of great roles and more often into the company of mentors, friends, colleagues, and teachers, who led me full circle to my current professorship."

Read more about our Founding Artistic Director at dancingwords.typepad.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment