to infuse... to encourage... to invigorate...

Friday, August 10, 2012

Mater Mea | At the park with Christal and Gabriel


“When I’m teaching, I feel alive,” Brown says. “I’m able to connect with the kids on a different level than most instructors are, and I think it’s really because that’s the gift God gave me.” It’s a gift that Brown says has shaped the way she looks at the world and her role in it. “I’ve always thought of myself as more than a dance teacher,” she shares. “I really equate a lot of life lessons to the art of dance with my students. I’ve always been a catalyst for them to go to a different level in their lives.”

Now Brown has a catalyst of her own in the form of her son Gabriel. “When I learned I was going to be a mom, I was grateful and humbled,” she shares.

Read more about our Founding Artistic Director at matermea.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment